OAPSE/AFSCME Memorial Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
The OAPSE/AFSCME Memorial Scholarship Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit corporation established to raise funds to provide college scholarships for children and dependents of OAPSE members. The Foundation was granted a tax-exempt status which means that contributions to the Foundation will be tax deductible to the donors.
Help support this effort. Make a donation today! Checks or money orders should be made payable to the OAPSE/AFSCME Memorial Scholarship Foundation, Inc. and sent to the address below:
OAPSE/AFSCME Memorial Scholarship, Inc.
OAPSE/AFSCME State Office
6805 Oak Creek Drive
Columbus, OH 43229
For more information, contact the OAPSE/AFSCME State Office at (800) 786-2773.
OAPSE/AFSCME Memorial Scholarship
The OAPSE/AFSCME Memorial Scholarship Program is available to children whose parent or legal guardian is a member in good standing of the Ohio Association of Public School Employees (OAPSE/AFSCME Local 4/AFL-CIO). Under the program, scholarships of $2,500.00 each are awarded to at least one winner from each of the ten (10) OAPSE Districts selected from the applicants who meet the eligibility requirements.
Any graduating high school senior who is a daughter or son of an active OAPSE/AFSCME member or whose legal guardian is an active OAPSE/AFSCME member and who intends to enroll in a full-time degree program in any two (2) or four (4) year accredited university, college, business or technical school is eligible to apply for a scholarship. The scholarships may be used for any field of study.
To be eligible, all information or supportive documentation requested in the application must be received by the committee by March 1 each year.
Log into the myOAPSE area of this site to download a 2016 scholarship application
Additional Scholarship Links
Several scholarship programs are available for AFSCME members and their children. Click on an individual scholarship from the list below to download an application and for information on requirements and deadlines.
- Gerald W. McEntee Scholarship In honor of former AFSCME Pres. Jerry McEntee this one-time $5,000 scholarship is awarded annually to an AFSCME member for use towards higher education.
- AFSCME Affiliate Scholarship Programs Many AFSCME affiliates have special scholarship programs designed to help their members pursue educational opportunities to advance on the job.
- AFSCME Family Scholarship $2,000 renewable scholarship awarded to 10 high
school seniors each year.
- Jerry Wurf Memorial Fund Provides three scholarships for the six-week Harvard Trade Union Program for full-time AFSCME staff planning a career in the trade union movement or an AFSCME member holding an elected position who is willing to take leave.
- Union Plus Scholarship Active and retired AFSCME members, spouses and dependent children are eligible to apply.
- William Lucy Labor Scholarship Fund Provides a scholarship for a rank and file AFSCME leader to attend the Harvard Trade Union Program, a six-week executive program of education and training in the political, economic, and organizational challenges confronting labor unions.